Friday, November 1, 2013

Here Comes The Sun

Here Comes The Sun

    This week I'm beginning my first piece with no guidance from a book or instructions. The only requirement my teacher has asked for is that the piece consists of atleast one CAM and two gears. I will use the gears to make a mechanism which spins around with a sun on one end of the stick and a moon on the other side of the stick. As the gear spins the sun will appear to set and rise over and over while at the same time the sun is rising a figure in a bed will rise by means of a CAM and when the sun sets and the moon rises the figure will lay back down. The piece may be subject to change as the building process commences and it should come out pretty nice. I'm excited to see how well I handle this first unguided project.

No comments:

Post a Comment